Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wow .....just wow!

Today I was reminded at how incredibly fortunate DH and I are (and little man).  50+ friends and family gathered to shower little man with well wishes and help to outfit him once he arrives!

The shower was themed from his nursery - woodland creatures!  The tables were adorned in green table cloths and centerpieces made of grass and decorated sugar cookies (that my mom made!) The head table had grass, moss and plush stuffies in a variety of creatures that now will decorate little man's room!

(can you believe - mom decorated 50+ cookies with animal pictures in the royal icing!!)

And in lieu of a cake my mom had a co-workers daughter (a high school senior no less!) create the amazingly cute little cupcakes seen below!  They were the highlight of the party (any one in the Pittsburgh area needing a good pastry chef contact me and I'll put you in touch - she was amazing!)

And last but not least, while I have a ton of great pics from the whole shower with all my friend, I had to show off the other pregnant girlie:)  Erin and I grew up together and she's expecting a little girl in May!

Both DH and I had a fantastic time!  We were overwhelmed with the generosity of our friend and family and can't possibly thank everyone enough!  I feel so lucky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails