Monday, January 4, 2010

Carpel Tunnel

So, the past week or so I've noticed that my hands tend to fall asleep faster than ever and at the most unusual times. Time like when I was typing an email or when I was sleeping.  I was waking up four or five times a night to painfully numb finger tips and would have to shake them to wake them up - not fun! 

Then I noticed the swelling and stiffness - nothing drastic but enough that it is a pain to write with a pencil/pen and a much prefer typing because it's just plain easier.  Anyways, the combo of symptoms sent me to Dr. Google who diagnosed me with pregnancy induced carpel tunnel (don't worry, I talked to my real dr and he confirmed the diagnosis) and I get to wear these lovely braces to bed to help open up the carpel space until the swelling in my hands and wrists goes down.  They seemed to work last night - i only woke up once with numb fingers:)

I can't complain too much.  For as hard as it was for us to get pregnant, the actual pregnancy itself has been a breeze  (so far - knock on wood!).  Aside from the minor aliments like acid reflux, carpel tunnel and the general whale like feelings baby boy has been very kind to mamma (and i hope he keeps it that way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails