Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Follow and Summer Shape up Check in..

So it's Friday - wow this week went fast!  It was my first week back to work and I'm starting to get into the swing of things.  However, my anxiety is growing as I have just one more week with my little Noah home with me:(  I'm scrambling to figure out a way to keep him here - there are lots of college students that would love to Nanny I'm sure, now I just need to find them!  I'm actually surprised at how well I can work even with him here (of course, as long as someone is watching him).  I even moved my office out of the loft and into the guest room so that I can close the door and have some quiet as he's playing downstairs.

Anyways, two topics at hand today.  Time for an accountability check with the Summer Shape Up and then a quick hello to all my new friends from the Friday Follow!  So...summer shape up first...

I've fallen off the wagon already:)  Doing the 30 day shred here at home with Noah was just too hard.  By the time I got him off to a nap, I found 10,000 other things I needed to do so the best I could muster on semi regular basis was some sit ups and maybe a walk.  Nothing hardly enough to start shedding the weight.  Since hubs is home for two weeks I thought I'd try a different work out - something my girlfriend told me she does and loves - Boxing!!:)  There is an LA Boxing gym just down the road and it happens to be the gym my friend goes to so I begged her to take me along one day.  HOLY COW! I love it!  Beating the crap out of a punching bag is a fantastic way to spend a workout!  You get your cardio and your strength all in one with the added bonus of some much needed stress relief!

So, my goal is to go to a class three days a week.  They say you can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour (of course, that's only if you last the entire hour going balls to the walls crazy...) but even burning 400 or 800 is a great start!

Stats for this week:
Day 1 - 142lbs
Day 8 - 138lbs - woohoo!
Day 24 - 140lbs - ouch...no excuses, I have a new workout regime and a new resolve for eating healthy...we should start seeing that number drop.

My ideal weight - the weight I'm shooting for - my lowest post college, non-starved-like-I-was-in-highschool weight  - is 120lbs.  I'd settle for 125lbs if it meant that I was more muscle than pudge and that the baby belly remnants were gone.

Okay, I'm accounted for now!:)  On to Friday Follow!!

Friday Follow

Hello to all you new folks! I hope you find something here that you'll want to come back over and over again for! This blog was started to keep the fam up to date on my first pregnancy and has continued after my little Noah was born. Topics range from smitten momma ramblings to hard hitting pieces about 529 plans and the like (haha...hard hitting..maybe not but it's fun to dream that I could actually write something that could be considered hard hitting) and has a smattering of photography (of my little man of course) thrown in for fun.

Me?  I'm an almost 30 something working mamma who would love to ditch her mortgage in order to stay home with little man but sadly bought when the housing market was at its peak and probably couldn't even break even in the sale.  Some day I dream of leaving the corporate world to do something more creative - like photography or crocheting!:)  But for now amuse myself with hobby photography and blogging.

Anywho...glad to e-meet you and I hope you leave a comment to let me know you stopped by!

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from Friday Follow! New follower!

    My little one's name is Noah too!

    Please check out my site:

    http://www.jonathanandmelanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday follow!
    Following you now and would love if you follow me :)
    I had 3 babies and going back to my size was very hard...You can do it. Exercise as much as you can.
    I also have a French Obsession Party and Give away tomorrow!!
    XOXO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    I too am on a summer shape-up program! I'm mixing up the P90X workouts with Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam workouts and Jillian Michaels' 30-Day-Shred that you mentioned in your initial shape-up post. Tomorrow, I start doubles (morning cardio, evening strength). Ugh.

    You probably already know this, but I wanted to mention it anyway. You might see a little spike in your weight from stopping nursing. Depending on the baby's demand, your body burns 200-800 calories per day just producing milk. The generally agreed upon number is that 1 oz. of milk produced = (roughly) 20 calories burned. So, if Noah was consuming 24-30 oz./day, that's 480-600 calories you aren't burning any more.

    On the bright side, your body won't hang on to the last 10 lbs. of fat as tightly as it would if you were still breast feeding. When your body is nursing, it likes to keep you a little plump so it knows it will always have that energy store to pull from to make milk if it needed it. Stupid body. ;o)

    At any rate...I wish you the best of luck and I'll be thinking of you as I sweat!


    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. from follow friday
    Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from ff.

    Your little one is so adorable!!

    I sometimes feel tired of the corporate world too. But that's why we have blogging. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! Visiting and now following through Friday Follow. I wanted to wish you much luck in your continued shape up efforts. You can do it!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails