Wednesday, April 21, 2010

G-diapers attempt #2 - maybe success...

So, now that Noah is a bit bigger (i'm betting he's pushing 12 lbs - we'll find out on Friday) I decided to try the g-diapers again.  I have to say they weren't a total fail this time around.  We did have a leak by the leg so I had to wash the outer cover but it didn't leak to his clothes and I think the leak was because I didn't insure the plastic inner liner was firmly embedded in the crease of his legs.

We have our third attempt on now so I'll let you know how it goes.  From what I can tell it's common to have to replace the plastic inner liner (or at least rinse it off ).  It's also helpful that he's firmly in size 1 diapers and a bit bigger.  If I had it to do over again I'd try the tiny g pants first (designed for newborns) and then move to the regular g pant when he was bigger.  The tiny-g is basically the liner with a soft cotton outer shell and fastening tabs.

 I'm still not brave enough to do these overnight but if we can do them during the day and a disposable over night then we're at least cutting down on our waste by a good chunk.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails