Thursday, July 9, 2009

a beginning...

We're pregnant! There, I said it! There's no one to hear me (at least not yet) but I said it. I was going to hold of on starting this blog until a wee bit later in the process but I've got so many thoughts and feelings already that I need to get them out on e-paper so here we are...with a new blog that no body knows about yet...hehe.

Today marks 6w and 1d of our pregnancy and it's a little scary. I started to spot yesterday with some back pain so I called the doc this am. Since we're new to him and this was a natural BFP, he thought it wise to have a little look-see via ultra sound just to make sure everything's okay. Our first U/S wasn't supposed to be until 8w 1d so i'm happy we get one early- just not so happy about the circumstances. We see them tomorrow. Pray for a healthy baby that measuring on track and growing away!

In other news, I'm exhausted! I had this jittery icky feeling this am - kind of sore all over, felt like a did a huge ab workout, hiked 30 miles up hill with a pack on type of feeling. I attributed it to nerves because of the spotting but then suddenly I knew where to place it.....it was the same feeling I get after a long run, hike, or bike - utter and total exhaustion! Like bone deep exhaustion to the point where it's seriously a chore to lift my arm to scratch my head exhaustion. Wow! Hit me like a ton of bricks. I'd been tired the last few days that for sure (asleep on the couch by 9:00pm) but this is a whole new level of tired. Let's hope this is a sign that that little peanut is snuggling in tight and not going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails